Sunday, September 4, 2016

Words

Carson is constantly saying and using new words correctly, adding them to his already-so-long sentences. And Sawyer is starting to say more and more words! It's a seemingly small thing I know, but it's things I want to remember.

On Sunday, August 28th, Sawyer said the word "baby" for the first time with Alex while in his highchair. Then today, September 4th, Sawyer said "Up!" at church down in Milwaukee when I was out in the hall with him. He kept walking all over the place but would then come back and want me to hold him, but of course he'd whine while doing so! So I told him, "Sawyer, please don't whine! Say 'Up!' if you want me to hold you." And without any hesitation, he just said it! Granted, the "p" sound wasn't completely there, but I know that's what he was saying which is just so cool! Yay Bean!! When Sawyer was sick on September 9th, I gave him a cracker and he clear as day said, "Thanks!" September 10th he said "cracker." September 11th he said "Please!" And now Sawyer says "Uh-oh!" all the time whenever he drops something. He's just talking up a storm!

And Carson ... oh, that kid cracks me up because he is literally starting to repeat anything that comes out of your mouth! On Monday, August 29th, Carson and Sawyer were playing with Legos. Carson kept building a tall tower, and the Bean would eagerly come up to it in an attempt to knock it over. Carson desperately tried to defend his Lego tower, and in an attempt to keep Sawyer away, he called out, "Making me nervous, Bean!"

I was dying with laughter because I know I must say "nervous" and "You're making me nervous, Bean" all. the. time. Because it's true - Sawyer is so adventurous and fearless that many things Sawyer does or tries make me nervous! And it was just so funny too because Carson kept repeating the sentence, and even in the exact tone that I know I say it!

I love my boys and all their growing vocabulary! It's just amazing how much progress they make in such short amounts of time! Go Bean! Go Sawyer!

No comments:

Post a Comment