Sunday, September 4, 2016

Hair cuts from Mommy

On August 15th, I decided that I'd cut the boys' hair. At that point, Sawyer had only had his hair cut by Grandma. And she also did the majority of hair cuts for Carson. But I was feeling adventurous that day.

We went outside, stripped down to diapers (well, them not me of course!), and I just went for it! Sawyer held surprisingly still for me, until the very end, but I was pretty proud of how it turned out! He just looked like such a little man. Such a stud!



Carson, on the other hand, was much more concerned with the situation. Up to this point, Terri and I had always just used scissors on him, but I decided I wanted to try doing his hair a lot shorter - so I used hair clippers. I did the longest setting because I didn't want to go TOO crazy! I had no idea what I was doing, so I just took it a bunch of different directions. Poor little Carson hated it. And I don't think it was just not liking the clippers; it was more like he was scared of them. He just covered his face with his hands as he completely sobbed, "Please stop, Mommy! Please stop!" It was a little gut-wrenching.

Needless to say I had no choice but to set him on top of the dryer after it was over, pull out my candy basket, and then I just let him go to town. Seriously. I had no choice, I'm telling you! It was pretty cute how excited he was to have free reign of the candy basket though; the most I ever give him is one or two tiny pieces at a time.

I definitely have some things I want to do different with Carson's hair next time, but I adore how Carson looks with short hair! He looks SO much older! And somehow, he looks so much more like I did when I was little now that his hair is cut!



I honestly can't get over how cute my boys are. I swear I'm not biased at all, but they're just the absolute cutest!


No comments:

Post a Comment