Monday, September 26, 2016

You ARE perfect!

Alex and I have an ongoing joke: any time either of us does something "bad" (basically doing anything one of us shouldn't do, or something we get "caught" doings) we'll say, "I'm not perfect!" in a very specific, exaggerated, joking tone. It's basically our way of lightening the mood, haha. For me, this phrase is frequently used when I'm being overly critical of myself or if I'm just in a funk because of the mean way I'm treating myself.

We were having such a conversation during lunch one day last week where I just wasn't being very kind to myself. Alex, being the awesome person he is, was trying to help me work through it when I let out my "I'm not perfect!" joke.

Without missing a beat, Carson exclaimed, "You ARE perfect, Mommy!" He said it in such a sweet, cheerfully sincere way that I couldn't help but blog about it. It's so sweet that he thinks so highly of me, haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment