Saturday, December 14, 2013

2 months!

My once-itty bitty baby  is 2 months old today and is no longer very "itty bitty." He's become quite the chunky baby, or at least to me. Last week he measured in at 8 pounds 7.4 ounces - which seems huge to me! It's hard to imagine that many babies are born at that weight, or bigger!

Within the last month, Carson has become rather fussy. For a good few weeks, he'd pretty much fuss and cry most the day - with a few cat naps in between. Within the last week or so, I decided to cut out milk completely (because dairy entirely would be too painful for me). I didn't think it'd make much of a difference, but it did!

The past week or so, Carson became much more content - only really crying when he woke up hungry. He's become much more alert and aware of his surroundings, and he's kind of obsessed with light. If a lamp is on, he'll stare it down. In fact, the other day, I was holding him on our bed. The blinds were closed, but light was shining through, and he was mesmerized! I had to go get something from the other room at one point and he started wailing, but as soon as I brought him back to our bed, he immediately stopped crying and resumed his intense gaze. It was really cute. :)

He's also getting more on track with his days and nights - he'll only take a couple of shorter naps during the day, and then he'll usually sleep 3 to 4 hours in the late evening. Sometimes he will even sleep 5 or 6 hours at a time! The best is when he takes one of those longer 5 to 6 hour stretches from 12 to 5 am or so.

My favorite thing is how he'll coo and gurgle at me and then flash me his big, toothless dimple-filled smile. It makes me feel happy beyond all reason and like I'm the most important person in the whole world.

I also passionately love how Carson definitely recognizes me now. Yesterday, Carson was having an off day and was really gassy and fussy. Alex was just holding and bouncing him. And as I came in the room and walked around, Alex said Carson's eyes totally followed me wherever I moved!

Carson is getting really strong, too. Although he's still not a fan of tummy time, he can actually push himself from his belly to his back. (Granted, he's thrashing around all angry, but still!) You can tell his neck and back muscles are getting a lot stronger too because he can lift his head and look around more.

Carson's initial hair is starting to fall out - which I guess is pretty typical - and his new hair that's coming in looks pretty blonde. We'll see I suppose! And his eyes keep getting a lighter and lighter shade of blue. They. are. INCREDIBLE.

He's really gotten into grabbing things, and he moves his hands and arms all around - staring at them with fascination.

Basically, Carson is the best, sweetest, cutest baby ever. I feel so blessed to have Carson and Alex in my life. I feel closer to them everyday. And I feel closer and closer to my Savior and Heavenly Father as a result.

And let's be honest, I wouldn't be the crazy, first time mom that I am without including a bunch of the pictures I took today..







I had a mirror facing him in an attempt to get him to look at the camera. Clearly he was really into his reflection!

wrinkly old man forehead :)








I caught the end of a smile!

His eye lashes have gotten soo dark and soo long



Andddd...we're done. 


1 comment:

  1. He is. Just way way too cute. I cannot believe how much older he looks!!!! Its on been a few weeks! Insane. I love him. He is fortunate to have you both as parents

    ReplyDelete