Why did we wait so long to give him a real bath, you might wonder? Because I've been terrified of somehow breaking him. You'd think that irrational fear would be gone since I've been a mommy for almost 8 weeks now. But no, that fear is still alive and well! You'd be surprised at how many ways, in the course of any given day, my psycho brain comes up with ways Carson could get hurt or somehow die. Yeah, I'm a nut case. I hope all moms are so that I'm not alone!
So in the past, every time we've given Carson a sponge bath, he has screamed as though we were torturing him. Because of that, I kind of just expected that he'd hate bathing in his tub. But no, he loved it!
Well, maybe "love" is too strong a word. He was completely silent the whole time, kind of just looking around like, "What the heck is going on?! What are you doing to me?! I'm too confused to even cry." But hey, I might start giving him a bath more often in an attempt to console him when he's fussy.
But by the time we were dressing him, he'd had enough.
But he calmed right down when he knew it was time to eat, so I had to catch his contentedness on film (since he has been anything but content lately!).
He's just so cute! I can hardly handle it!
Awe I love him...sooo adorable.
ReplyDelete