It's been kind of a difficult topic for us...just because of Alex's health. His headaches have been some of the worst he's ever had. It's been awful seeing the pain in his eyes and the tears on his face the many Sundays he has been unable to attend church.
But with the challenges of that comes some pretty amazing blessings. Alex's headaches and the Sundays at church he's missed out on have brought us closer than I ever thought it could. It has united us and pushed our faith and hope to what has often felt like our limits. It has encouraged us to plead more deeply and more earnestly to our Father in heaven, and it has strengthened our testimonies of His plan and His timing.
Granted, the day before Carson was to be blessed, I crumbled a bit. But in talking with Alex and praying to Heavenly Father, we both felt great peace and happiness.
And Sunday morning came, and we were able to attend church and have Carson blessed. It was such a special experience to see my strong, loving husband hold and bless our sweet baby boy. I was afraid that if Carson wasn't asleep through it, he would scream the whole time. But Carson was wide awake, and just looked around as though he was very aware of what was going on.
I'm so grateful to have Alex in my life, and I'm so grateful he's a worthy Priesthood holder. I think one of the things that stuck out most to me about Carson's baby blessing was how he was blessed to resist temptations of the adversary throughout his life. With the prevalence of just plain bad things increasing, it's so comforting to know that Heavenly Father will help Carson withstand the evils of today throughout his life.
I'm filled with gratitude to know that despite the hard times, Heavenly Father is always there for us. And he has blessed me with the best husband and sweetest son in the whole world.
| Our little family. :) It was harder to get Alex to smile than to get Carson to look at the camera! |
| Love his little outfit |
| I caught this picture with Uncle Jake after church. So cute. :) |
| Carson and Aunt Hiedi |
No comments:
Post a Comment