Monday, December 2, 2013

Too big too soon

Today Carson is 7 weeks old. It seriously feels like a lifetime ago that he was born! In fact, it's getting harder and harder to remember what life was like before he was here. Granted, I think I remember something about the concept of sleep back then, but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Carson still probably weighs less than a good number of babies when they're born, but to me he's gotten huge! His cheeks are nice and chunky, and he's got a couple of adorable little fat rolls on his thighs. Just tonight, I actually packed up his newborn-sized sleepers. Carson is skinny enough that he still fit into them width-wise, but he's gotten long enough that if I try to squeeze him into a newborn sleeper, his legs can't straighten all the way. My baby is getting way too big too soon!

Okay, okay, I know I'm being ridiculous. But I imagine all first-time moms tear up a bit when they pack away baby clothes that are too small. ...Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

At the same time, I also got a little excited as I pulled out Carson's bigger clothes. I started picturing this cute little baby crawling in some outfits, and even walking in others.

But at the end of the day, I'm just enjoying where Carson is now. And right now, he's pretty dang cute. :)

Love his wrinkly old-man forehead, his cute dimples, and his big blue eyes





No comments:

Post a Comment