For the past couple weeks, Carson basically doesn't sleep from around 6 am until about 5 pm. He may fall asleep for little cat naps here and there, but nothing more than that. If he's not cat napping, he's either fussy and crying, or eating. No exaggeration!
Alex and I have been thinking he might be colicky by definition of the word. But I've also been wondering if maybe he's just going through a growth spurt.
And he must be! Today at an appointment, Carson weighed 8 pounds 7.4 ounces! It's hard to believe 7 short weeks ago when he was born, he was only 5 pounds 12 ounces. Yay for my little chunky monkey!
His fussiness and seemingly constant eating is totally worth it to know he's growing big and healthy. I'll be honest, sometimes when he's fussy or crying or when he cluster feeds all day long, I worry I'm doing something wrong ... I worry I'm a bad mom, that Carson is unhappy because of me. But seeing his weight today on the scale helped remind me that he is doing well, even if he is going through a "crabby patty" stage - as Alex calls it.
So Carson's extra feedings and fewer naps are worth it to know he's getting bigger. ...The thing I'm not sure is worth it is giving up dairy. I keep hearing and reading that Carson's crankiness could likely be a result of my dairy consumption.. How do I give up dairy when it's my favorite?! Especially when it's December and Dairy Queen has its candy cane blizzard!! Is it worth it to try letting go of one of my very favorite candy cane flavored treats? ... I'm honestly not sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment