So Carson's down for a nap, and I have literally gone around the house starting about 10 tasks...all at once. What are the odds I'll get those tasks actually completed? Probably slim to none. haha. But writing a quick post is priority #1 because I don't want to forget.
Last night, I was changing Carson's diaper. He was super content and alert, so I was just talking to him. "Carson, did you know...that you're the cutest baby in the whole world?" I said. I followed it up with, "And did you know....that I love you?" As soon as I said I loved him, he gave me the biggest smile. I swear, he knew exactly what I was saying, and his smile was his way of saying he loved me too. It melted my heart to absolute putty. It's moments like those that make the lack of sleep, the dirty unorganized house, the blow out diapers, the spit up on your clean shirt completely and entirely worth it.
Later that night, Carson went to sleep at about 9 and slept until 3:30 am. After eating, he fell back asleep at 4:30 and slept until 9 am. It was SO NICE! ..Or at least I think that's how the night went. I'm occasionally so tired that I don't actually realize how many times I get up with Carson in a given night. Haha!
Anyway, this morning after he ate, Carson was totally happy again. I took him in by Alex because he was just being so cute! We talked to Carson, snuggled up in bed, and Carson kept cooing and smiling. Again, melt.my.heart.
I'm so in love with this little guy, and I'm so grateful I get to be his mommy. :)
(Okay, on to the next thing I started once Carson fell asleep! Maybe I'll get a couple things done! ...maybe.)
No comments:
Post a Comment